17 February 2009

Noodles with Peanut Sauce

So I'll begin with a recipe I've been making just about every other day for the past week: noodles with peanut sauce. It's quick and easy, and I usually make it in just one pot. I don't really have a recipe for this... I just kind of wing it and it's always delicious. I approximated the amounts of each ingredient below.


Photobucket

Serves: 1-2 people

Ingredients:
1 bundle of cellophane noodles (probably 1/3 or 1/2 package)
2-3 Tbsp chunky natural peanut butter
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4  -1/2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp olive/peanut/vegetable oil

Optional add ons:
1-2 cups broccoli florets
1-2 cups small tofu cubes
other vegetables of your choosing.

My procedure:
Put the noodles in a small pot and cover with water. Set on stove and bring to a boil. If using broccoli, I just throw some frozen florets into the pot with the pasta and let them boil up. While the pasta is cooking, mix together the peanut butter, soy sauce, oil, and ginger in a small boil. Stir until well combined. Once the noodles are fully cooked, drain the noodles and the broccoli, then put them back into the pot. To make stirring a little easier, you might want to cut up the noodles. Pour the sauce over the noodles and broccoli (oh yeah, and tofu or whatever) and stir until all the noodles are well coated.

I have made this recipe in the past by sautéing the tofu in peanut sauce and combining it with the noodles at the end... with possibly some more peanut sauce. Of course, you can always just throw the tofu into the pot at the end without frying it up first... works just fine, but the tofu doesn't turn out quite as flavorful.

Photobucket

1 comment: